You are welcome to come to UTM SEC for the following reasons:
- Confidential and non-judgemental conversation with our peer supports. This can be done in person, over the phone or e-mail
- Obtain free condoms and lube
- Borrow books, videos and tapes from our library
- Learn about SEC workshops, events and partnerships
- Learn about healthy sexuality topics such as contraceptives and sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
- See our adult toy display
- Learn about volunteer opportunities
Our peer supports are open-minded, non-judgemental and comfortable when a visitor brings sensitive issues. They are trained to deal with issues relating to sexually transmitted infections (STIs), testing, pregnancy, sexual orientation, contraception and abstinence.
While the peer supports are not experts on any of these topics, they can support and assist you in accessing the adequate resources and organizations for the questions at hand. For more serious issues, such as rape or abuse, there are trained professional counsellors on campus as well as off-campus to offer support, and our peer supports can make appropriate referrals.
What to Expect when You Visit
One of our volunteers will cordially greet you, and ask you if you have any questions or concerns. Feel free to ask for assistance, including answers to any general questions you may have.
If your discussion requires privacy, a volunteer can escort you to a private room where they will discuss all your concerns. We will not ask for your name or any information that will identify you. Your visit to SEC will remain private and non-judgmental. Our volunteers are trained and ready to help.
You may leave anytime you are ready. We will leave you with the necessary information and pamphlets.
All visits are free and confidential. You can make an appointment or drop-in.